Amalgamation Notice and MOU
Friday 31 July 2020
A Message from Club CEO Glenn Cushion regarding the successful Amalgamation Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) held at Ingleburn RSL on Thursday 30th July, 2020
“Thank you and sincere congratulations to the members of Ingleburn RSL Sub-Branch Club Ltd who, at last night’s EGM (Extraordinary General Meeting) voted unanimously to amalgamate with Ingleburn Bowling Club. The Board of Directors, Management and Staff of Ingleburn RSL Club thank the members of our and the Ingleburn Bowling Club for the overwhelming votes of confidence at their respective meetings.
We look forward to finalising the amalgamation process in due course and continuing to operate both venues for the benefit and enjoyment of all members, guests and the local community.”
Dated 20 December 2019 By Authority of the Board
Memorandum of Understanding
This Memorandum of Understanding was made between Ingleburn RSL Sub-Branch Club Limited of 70 Chester Road, Ingleburn New South Wales 2565 and Ingleburn Bowling & Recreation Club Co-op Ltd of 8 Memorial Avenue, Ingleburn New South Wales 2565.
Dated 17 December 2019 By Authority of the Board
Notice to Members Regarding Proposed Amalgamation
and Expressions of Interest and Unsolicited Merger Offers
Pursuant to Section 17AE of the Registered Clubs Act and Clause 4(5) of the Registered Clubs Regulation, the members of Ingleburn RSL Sub-Branch Club Limited (the Club) are hereby notified that:
- The Club called for expressions of interest in amalgamation on the basis that it would be the parent club (continuing club) in the amalgamation.
- The Club received an expression of interest in amalgamation from Ingleburn Bowling & Recreation Club Co-Op Limited (Ingleburn Bowling Club).
- The Board of the Club has decided to enter into an amalgamation with Ingleburn Bowling Club.
- The Club will be the continuing club in the amalgamation and Ingleburn Bowling Club will be the dissolving club in the amalgamation.
- The Club and Ingleburn Bowling Club will shortly enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) containing the terms of the proposed amalgamation.
- A copy of the MOU will be made available to members on the Club’s noticeboards and on the Club’s website at least twenty one (21) days before the General Meeting at which members will vote on the proposed amalgamation.
- After the MOU is executed, the Club and Ingleburn Bowling Club will convene separate general meetings for members to vote on the proposed amalgamation.
- A Notice of General Meeting will be sent to members so that it is received at least twenty (21) clear days before the General Meeting.
- A copy of the Notice of General Meeting will also be displayed on the Club’s noticeboard and on the Club’s website.
- For the avoidance doubt, the Club has not received any other expressions of interest in amalgamation or unsolicited merger offers during the previous twelve (12) months (except for the expression of interest from Ingleburn Bowling Club set out in paragraph 2 above).
Chief Executive Officer